Welcome to my blog. My blog is mainly for the sharing of the many projects I make either for swaps, for gifts or just because I was inspired by something I saw on the internet and wanted to give it a try as well. I hope you enjoy what you see and if you have any questions be sure to send me a comment.



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Made myself a clock for my living room mantle.



A month or so ago I purchased a Creative Imaginations clock kit at TJ Maxx for about $8. I had already purchased the clock face paper some time before that not really sure what I'd do with it.  But when I saw this clock kit I knew it was perfect.  Well except that the clock kit is 11.5 x 11.5 and the clock face had swirly scrolls flying off of it.. that I had to cut off because the went beyond the edges of the wood clock.  I glued the clock face to chipboard so it was raised off the background a little.  For my background I used one of Prima's paper lines, Nature's Garden by designer Jodi Lee. She does such beautiful designs.  It's too bad most of the image is covered. For the most part I'm pleased with how well it turned out. If I was doing it over, I don't think I would have inked the edges in such a dark color.  I wanted to use brown but none of my browns were really dark enough.  I used Mod Podge for a nice matte finish on the papers.  The clock leans on my mantle in the living room.  Now I can stop asking the hubby what time it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment